Jun 27, 2009

Milton Bradley

Milton Bradley. Oh, Milton! We have witnessed the return to your old ways. Bashing Gatorade machines (much like your fellow Cub teammates, great camaraderie), screaming in the dugout, and on, and on. Lou Piniella had enough and sent Bradley home early. Or, in Lou’s own words, “I told him to take his uniform off. He threw his helmet and smashed the water cooler and there was water flying all over. I told him to take his uniform off and go home. I followed him up to the clubhouse and we exchanged some words. I don't like when those things happen, but I was tired of watching it." Lou Piniella also said Bradley's actions have been a "common occurrence." Well, that is just Bradley, but you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. "I've looked the other way a lot and I'm done with it,” Piniella said. Well, I hope the Cubs are also done with it. I know I am. I believe that Cubs management needs to lay down the law to Mr. Milton Bradley. Fine him, suspend him, and move on. Team fines are easy to levy, but I think (I think) for a team suspension of an active player, you have to place him on the restricted list. If Bradley was placed on the RL (restricted list), the team wouldn’t have to pay him, so I think a two-day RL trip would suffice. Unfortunately, Bradley hitting well against lefties this season and the Sox are scheduled to start two lefties the next two games in Mark Buehrle and John Danks. (The Cubs are also on track to face Pirates lefty Zach Duke on Monday the 29th.)


More from Carrie Muskat

More from the Trib/Paul Sullivan
On Milton being all alone in the world

On Milton leaving


More from Bruce Miles/The Daily Herald

More from Gordon Wittenmyer/The Sun-Times


Lowe

No comments: